FIRESHELL® for Bayseal® Foams
Part Number BMS-TC
The single application coating allows code compliance using 20% thicker Bayseal® Foams (9 ¼” ceilings, 7 ¼” walls) than other solutions. The test was performed to the more stringent 2011 NFPA 286 revision, 2009 IBC 803.1.2, and meets NFPA 101 life safety code.
It is really exciting to now have the Bayseal® Foams approval with the Fireshell BMS-TC coating as a thermal barrier solution. ITC Group coatings are hands-down our preference. Their yield in the field is significantly higher than other thermal coatings we have tried. We get up to 25% higher field yield with the ITC products, which is a significant savings to us. As a contractor, I need the most cost-effective, easy-to-use fire protection, and ITC coatings are those products.
ITC Group Fireshell® BMS-TC is a water based, ultra thin, one component coating. It is easily applied with airless spray equipment, brush or roller, eliminating the need for expensive application equipment and provides the building owner with an aesthetically pleasing form of fire protection.
The coating meets the VOC emission requirements for all 50 states, including SQAMD and LEED requirements. The coating applies like regular latex paint using an airless sprayer, and being water based, it cleans up easily. Volume discounts are available, and ITC Group offers free certification training for sprayers as part of their programs with applicators.
- For Walls, Foam, Attics, Crawl Spaces
- Open cell insulation foam
- Closed cell insulation foam
- Bio foams
- Meets IBC 803.2.1 over foam
- Meets IBC 2603.9 over foam
- Meets IRC 314.3 over foam
- The first coating to pass NFPA 286 over Foam
- Water based, 1-part, non-flammable, intumescing coating for interior use
- E84 Cl ‘A’ verified
- Meets Green Standards and Lead Paint Requirements
- Meets EPA certification for Ultra Low VOC coating